Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wanted to return to where I felt most comfortable: Giovani dos Santos

On his return to Spanish football with Racing Santander after two years of having little activity against Tottenham in the Premier League, Mexican striker Giovani dos Santos, said that in the Spanish league feels much more comfortable and hopes to contribute to the good of the team. "(Racing) is a club that has given me the opportunity to return to the Spanish league which I know well, plus I lived many years here in Spain.

I wanted to go back to where I felt more comfortable," he said in an interview with the portal Spanish league official. World Champion U-17, already outlined short-and long-term with both Racing Santander and with the Tri. "I want to achieve the objectives Racing short-term (relegation) and then see what happens with me.

A distant dream would be to get something with the Mexican national team," he said. Also, Gio recalled how he had the first chance to start in his time with Barcelona and said it was a time when the team was split, as well as the Blaugrana had won all star players team were not at their best.

"I went to the first team and coach (Frank Rijkaard) gives me the opportunity. I really enjoyed playing with my teammates, was a difficult year because the team was not at his best after having won everything. Ronaldinho and Deco were not at their best and the team was split, "said the Mexican.

The Mexican national team in World Cup U-17 also spoke of Javier Aguirre, who believes he got the better of the Tri for the global. "It's a great motivator, knows a lot about football and lived with him my best time in the Mexican national team, also gave me the opportunity to play a World Cup." Finally Gio also highlighted the Mexican players who play in Spain and especially to his brother Jonathan dos Santos.

"Andres Guardado is a player who is accustomed to having very regular and his coach has confidence. Go on a journey of the national team, is injured and do not recover at all is difficult but must be calm so that when you give everything back. "Jonathan for me is a great player, he's my brother and also has great technical quality that is the best team in the world, "he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment