Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Reja 'best manager of the year': "We still believe, we will try to enter the Champions ..."

ROME - Lazio has collected from the slums of the league, has taken care of in the head and legs raised and broke it until it is at the top of the league. From February to February (from 14-7), has collected 66 points in 39 games (average position in Europe), had previously avoided the specter of relegation, then revived ambitions apparently dormant.

It 's the ride of Edy Reja, is the enterprise of the' Coach of the Year "by the journalists that he was elected Foreign Press Association, this afternoon they put on the podium in the company of the Roman de Rossi (best together with the Italian swimming champion Federica Pellegrini), the former referee Pierluigi Collina (career award) and Dutchman Wesley Snejider (best foreigner).

A bit 'gruff and psychological end, a little' sailed strategist, few are able to do better than him in the last calendar year. 12 months ago these days Lazio shed tears of fear of a defeat (against Catania) from the bad taste of Serie B, now chew bitter about losing yet another opportunity of his championship experience at high altitude the taboo against Chievo.

If the house has changed radically biancoceleste expectations and perspectives on the human is above all that came all the way from Gorizia on the occasion of this ceremony and spoke about his Lazio to a league in flux, starting from yesterday's draw, also valued at light of other findings: "It is a league that is moving behind us, especially since some teams have closed the gap.

But they are very critical of the appearance of agreement yesterday as the team gave intensity making a good first half. The second time I agree that we got so much to the opposite conclusion, but we had a team that has created problems for everyone in this league well and then closing again.

But sorry because maybe we deserved a better fate. Only did a little 'more attention especially in that corner and you could even win this race. And from what I read again this morning is not that Lazio had a wonderful tradition with Chievo, and for years he can not overcome it. I'm sorry for the fans because it is not nice to not be able to win, especially at home, but was made half a step ahead and the team still seems healthy.

This criticism is not about the physical condition I agree, because we have ninety minutes straight. Sometimes I do also turn-over to give breath to some player who is pulling the cart, so I hope to find some 'more of a gloss with the passage of time. " It would be enough for the famous striker from 20 networks to solve the problems of this season? "You know we're talking a long time for this argument, because the team stands up well in midfield, where there is a good filter that allows us to create more than a few opportunities in attack but the reality is a bit 'less.

We have no doubt the bomber or strong players that can put inside this ball. Even when we played better, while creating many opportunities, struggling to put into practice and maybe a network and then scored only jeopardize all undergoing the first goal at the opponents. From this point of view we can improve on what we've seen in this part of the championship, it is clear that in some little thing we must do more in attack.

Right now it is more difficult because we lack some in the department, but when it will again be available to everyone we can have our say. " Beyond the benefits and the current standings, a season in line with the original objectives? "Our goals were to reach the Uefa and this remains our goal today because we know that there are teams most titled of us.

But if we have done well so far and we are in this position classification obviously we have some value too. It is clear that we must improve a lot and making mistakes as possible. We must always be dressed up to 100% because, as we break a little 'it is clear that we do not have the qualities that the other teams.

" This accusation of defensiveness that often is made as to the bother? "Certainly we take care of the defensive side but also depends on others. For example, someone spoke to Milan team unwatchable, but if you get crushed in your midfield but failed to reverse the situation of course there are also opponents of the merits.

" He spoke of unfair and excessive criticism towards the team. What do you think rather than against it? "Already happened last year as well. In Roman when you can not win the criticism is always ready. It's part of my job and I have to suffer them. Then in some cases, I rate right and I agree, I value in others and not accept unfounded.

" Even yesterday some of the fans have booed. What is broken in the relationship with the people? "I have to live with these situations. I have to take into consideration as running the team and players that I think at that particular time are not already running and can look tired. At that point I put the fresh forces generally to give a little 'more balance to the team or to find solutions since the mid-field forward.

" Yesterday he said he is still waiting for Zarate. How long will do so again? "I hope you can find a good day and maybe you can guess the individual game can solve the game by giving it a moral consequence. For me it is a major player with the means. I come from where I met Coverciano Delio Rossi, which I did compliment the work being done, and we also talked about this since he previously had been able to manage it better.

He stressed, as he did, he thinks there is mismanagement around the boy, when in reality he is very good and can not be said that not to engage in training. Is feeling up to it responsibility for determining where every time you hear about the fate of the team. I must also consider this performance and give opportunities for people in some circumstances it may be more suitable for him.

Sometimes there is no other guesses. Those who work are often criticized, but we must look forward. " Lazio has long been among the first and second place. This trend in the league can not leave any regrets in most if not should be centered in the Champions League zone? "The way the league is taking place, which earlier this year did not give Lazio even in the top six, it is clear that very sorry but as I said before our goal is another.

We are not blind and there are certainly higher than the Lazio. But if we take the physical and mental condition is a little 'security we can have our say in the league. The values of this team are important and will be essential to maintain consistency. " What are the chances to review the season starts for Lazio, even taking into account that in a year of its operation has scored an average points-the Champions League? "It's definitely an important media and is a substance that must be given to children who have pulled out all the qualities they had.

But the current championship is not over yet and we can not make the sum of two half leagues. It is the end that we must take stock and I hope the team will be able to return to the start of the season in order to remain in these positions of the standings. I knew even when we were in the top positions that would be tough and that someone could get behind.

Now they are behind the teams in the second round will submit their quality and we will try to keep them behind ": He talked about the compactness of the group, yesterday Scaloni was quite disappointed with the draw, Bresciano spoke of teams that are coming from behind and today Bannister has identified as a goal to get into the top six.

Lazio believes the Champions League zone? "I think they are talking in the locker room is the conviction of being a good team. You have to play every game and try to get the best possible result, fielding the maximum intensity. Then there are also lots of implications that you may complicate the performance and Chievo are a team that quits and restarts very well sometimes.

Hours than other times we were more careful on restarts while remaining at least three men behind. It's a team that holds very well and makes good filter in midfield and races that you are also risking losing "Yesterday he made a tough defense of Libor Kozak. He expected the company back up the most in this media battle? "But you know, I started this because this week we talked more and Libor.

I'm sorry that was conditional. Even in training he was afraid to touch someone, then just yesterday I saw the first Falletto done in the air three or four players were loose on him and that speaks volumes about what has happened in the week. I will always defend, because it always takes hard work and is not capable of returning tit for tat.

Then it is logical that when there is a conflict with someone, he's a tank, but only because that is his way of running and moving. Even today I read a joke on the Gazzetta dello Sport and I certainly liked seeing that I had no intention of offending anyone when she speaks and to be fair to review and must be very careful.

Libor after Milan had come out as a thug, and these are things that are good for the boy. " In conversation with Delio Rossi is that you have not even touched the subject of his contract renewal? "No, no, he smokes as we were leaving. We did talk fast in the time that he smoked a cigarette.

We were told of the situation that I am living in Rome since he has lived for four years. " Romania's Radu movement a voice that will be bought by a team of Milan? "Very pleased and it means that we are working well and that the boy has improved. I hope that in future the Lazio to become a great team and that players of this level can rhyme to life here in Rome.

It means that after a while 'years you can go back to relive the golden days of Lazio those in which up to ten years ago, you could really fight for the Champions League with some great players. And I hope so regardless of the fact that I am there or not. Returning to Radu yesterday suffered a trauma and should be resting for three days.

From Thursday, we will evaluate the recovery time and whether it will be available for Brescia. She first spoke of unity, however, often adopt a low profile when he talks about the objectives of Lazio. This attitude may undermine the awareness of the players can reach a big goal? "Kids are not stupid and they know what the value may be as a team or individual level.

Therefore, it is my task in trying to make the team as best as possible, so as to be rewarded from this point of view. For now there is a certain gratification because they believe that what they did, they did very well, extremely well. It is clear that even they are not happy with the current situation because the month of January was not among the best.

There are times during a season in which seven games you can risk to lose four or five, and ten months in alternating these moments. Jokingly I said that I regretted having started so well. It was better to get degrees because it is easier to chase than be chased and excitement comes when you have something to achieve.

But we have still something to be achieved. " Expected, after saving the Lazio last year, to receive the whistles this year? "It is clear that they do not like but I also said yesterday that the public understand when I show the players that we can enhance from the technical point of view for a spin.

But I must take into account the total return of the player and I aim for the good of the team. Sometimes good, sometimes it goes wrong but that's part of my job. "

No comments:

Post a Comment