Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Grosskreutz Master Series: "BVB coach Klopp has a dream come true"

Man I can only guess, to make these days even a walk in Dortmund. Then you get an idea of how much this championship means to people here. Everywhere there are happy faces, the radio will BVB songs played. From the houses hang black-and-yellow flags. I've already said: On the final day, when our president Reinhard Rauball us the championship trophy is passed, there will be a party, as she has seen the city and the entire Ruhr region before.

I was asked many times in the last few days: What was the moment at which I was aware that we can be champions? I think it was the 26th February. On this day we have won 3-1 at Bayern Munich, which was a great game by us. We dominated the Bavarians in their stadium. Since I was sure: we pack, we can not take anymore.

It may sound strange, but we had players after this game is no doubt that we will succeed. Even after the defeat at Hoffenheim and not in Moenchengladbach. We always knew that we even have it in your hand. The competitors have of course tried to put pressure on us. The press has written again and again, we would still be nervous, get the flutter.

Let's be honest: The people who say this have, I was sorry. Who said something like that, who knows our team is not easy. In the barracks at our training ground a large sheet of paper hanging on the wall. It is written large: "The Pledge." And below is what we have promised us, "independent determination of each course of the game" "Unconditional commitment," "passionate obsession" to "help everyone" to "seek help" "Everyone's quality is 100 percent in the service of the team" and "Everyone takes responsibility." Our coach Juergen Klopp and all the players have signed.

And we have played. With passion. We have given full throttle. Myself winning the championship is still still like a dream. The whole development of recent years. In the 2008/2009 season, when the BVB has missed the last game by a referee mistake qualifying for the Champions League, I was a fan here.

I stood in Gladbach in the away section. At that time I've played in numbers in the second division. Shortly after I came to the BVB. Many had thought that I would come in my first season, probably mostly for amateurs to use. But I have pre-season, where the pedal, and our coach Jurgen Klopp has seen it.

At our home game against 1 FC Cologne, I was then sent in the second half to warm up. Then, when the sign came to my Substitutions, I have often asked: Does the real me? Yes, I meant it. Since I got goose bumps. I have heard the South Stand, "We are all Dortmund boys" has sung. And that Norbert Dickel said about the stadium speakers, that now for me is a dream come true.

He was right. And it should not be the last dream that comes true.

No comments:

Post a Comment