Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Grosskreutz Master Series: "Even my grandma was on the South Stand"

When I saw approaching Felipe Santana with the razor on me, I knew that hit at this moment my hour. Or rather, in my hair. For a moment I thought, "Oops, now it gets serious. But then I said to myself: Okay, your eyes and go. It would perhaps have been better for me, a real hairdresser would have done the thing.

With Santana and Dede, Felipe gave instructions as to where and how he should proceed with the razor could not come out so much good. You can see that finally, at their hairstyles. But what could I do? I announced that hair agreement after the competition. And I stand by what I say. For this track I would have been willing to give much more than just my hair.

With my favorite club champion, that's for me the very greatest. You betcha. It's like a dream. And it will probably take a little bit, until I realize he has come true. It seems more like a fairytale. The final seconds of the game against Nuremberg on Sunday, the final whistle, the cheers in the stands-hurricane - all of these experiences give me goosebumps still.

That was just insane. I am doing something hard to describe all the things I've felt the moment when I realized that we no longer can take the title. But I will try. In order to send it away: To understand me, you have to know how strong I am rooted in this city. I am in the district Eving born and raised.

This is a classic working-class neighborhood north of Dortmund. The area is dominated by mining. In the middle of the bill is Eving Minister Stein. The high support towers are visible from afar. The mine has been made in 1987 but close. But the mentality of the men who used to work there is, in Eving still very strong.

I know many former miners. For them is next to the drudgery primarily one thing: The Borussia our club. The love of the BVB has already packed me quite early. It is omnipresent in my family. My grandmother was already on the south stand, no joke. My father, my aunt also. My whole family is crazy BVB.

The first game I've seen live was from BVB, 1992. Since I was four years old. My father took me. I do not remember what game it was, frankly. I think it went against VfB Stuttgart. At that time, still on the old South Stand, before the conversion. Of the 17 home games I've seen some nine.

With seven years I had my first ticket, from then on, I'm always gone. went with my father, I am later to many away matches: Whether Champions League in Milan or the Uefa Cup final in Rotterdam - we were both always there. In good times and bad we stood the club: Six years ago, would be the Borussia been almost destroyed.

I was in shock. But the south stand was always full and the mood superbly easy: We wanted to set an example and show that we want to BVB. For me it is very special to be playing football for the club, my heart beats for as long as I can think of. I wake in the morning sometimes and I wonder: Is that all right? This is an outstanding feeling.

Still outstanding is of course if you can make the fans happy. I know many of them personally, I've been together for years with them. I have myself also not changed by the events in recent years. Even though I am a professional footballer and national team player - I'm still remained the old Kevin.

When fans ask me for autographs, I remain, of course, and sign posts. This is a matter of course, I've used them, after all, collected autographs. My old room was black and yellow: posters everywhere. I know where I come from and do not forget what I experienced there. I'm looking forward to crazy to go with the team through the city and to present the fans the shell.

Even last weekend we got a taste of what will be happening in the city. Everywhere there were spontaneous celebrations champion. The Borsigplatz been in the northern city, where all based around the BVB 1909, had to be even closed off because it was crowded with people from the police.

No comments:

Post a Comment