Friday, January 14, 2011

Reviews motivate you to 'hide some mouths': Lionel Messi

Criticism helps motivate Lionel Messi to "cover some mouths", said Friday the Argentine star of Barcelona, and recent winner of his second consecutive Gold Ball. The appointment of Messi as the best footballer in the world in 2010 provoked some criticism, especially in the Spanish media, who felt that the award should have been for some of his fellow world champions Barcelona and the Spanish team, Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta.

"I do not pay much in good times or bad reviews, but always the bad ones I get," said Messi in an interview with the website and TV channel of Barcelona. "I recognize that motivate me, either to cover some mouths and also for further growth in personal appearance." He noted that with the support of their colleagues, including Xavi, Iniesta, and recalled that they all took pictures with him and the Ballon d'Or Messi presented the trophy on Wednesday at the Estadio Camp Nou, scoring three goals in victory 5-0 win over Real Betis.

The striker posed with the Golden Ball alongside Xavi and Iniesta in a clear gesture of solidarity with their peers. The Argentine also stressed the importance of coach Josep Guardiola to get to the place of honor he holds in world football. "Guardiola has given me a lot since the first conversation I had with him.

I remember that I said 'me score three or four goals a game,''' he said. "For how I play and makes the position I'm placed in the field, Guardiola has given me everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment