Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mourinho: "In 2007, very close to coach England '

ROME, March 27 - In 2007, before turning to Fabio Capello, the English Football Association had thought of Jose Mourinho on the bench for the Three Lions. It was the Portuguese coach to reveal it, explaining that he was close to signing. The temptation to coach England dates back to autumn of that year, when He had given the sack Steve McClaren and Mourinho was back from the break for Chelsea.

"I was within hours of the agreement - said the current coach of Real Madrid in an interview in L'Equipe -. I was about to sign, but at the last minute I thought 'if I become a coach, I will have the team only once a month and the rest of the time I'll have to spend in the office or watching other games.

And then I had to wait until the summer to play or the European or World Cup. Was not for me at that moment, so I chose not to accept and wait for the right offer that motivating me know. And it came against Inter. " NEAR PARIS - Mourinho also recalled the months following his departure to Stamford Bridge, the darkest period of its recent past, this was the nostalgia for football.

"When I left Chelsea in the first month was fantastic. I went to Africa, then in Japan. I did things I never could before. The second month was nice, but the third is soon to become a terrible, terrible. " Before signing for Inter Mourinho had also received an offer from Paris Saint-Germain, refused to doubts about the level of the French championship.

"I always thought that Spain, England and Italy were the major leagues and we must use our best years to pursue more ambitious challenges," said Mourinho.

No comments:

Post a Comment