Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wendel, the first Brazilian team to France?

Still tied a season with the Girondins, Geraldo Wendel no secret of his desire to prolong his stay in the club's Southwest. Arrived in Bordeaux in 2006, left winger feels very well in a team where he became an essential, even though he had some difficulties at the beginning of the era Tigana. And the former Cruzeiro player even wants to settle permanently in France, because, having asked the dual nationality, he says in Le Parisien that he would like to change, why not, with the France team.

"I miss Brazil, there I have my friends and the rest of my family. But when I am, after two weeks I already want to come back because I love France. Last year, I decided to take steps to obtain citizenship. This summer, it will be five years I'm here and then I can send my application to become French, at least French-Brazilian.

Afterwards, if I am efficient and decisive, perhaps as Laurent Blanc ... I'd be the first Brazilian to play for France. Even after a friendly match, it would not hurt, "says Geraldo Wendel, who has worn the jersey of Brazil during the pre-Olympic tournament in 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment