Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ansgar Brinkmann: "I stayed in the car and ate in the cabin fries"

Former Germany coach Berti Vogts has Ansgar Brinkmann once said: "You should have 50 caps." Because of his technical skills he was "The White Brazilian" called for Germany but he has never played. In return, provided Brinkmann, one of the least adapted to professionals in the country, too many escapades.

Next year will complete the 41-year-old to train as a football coach, on Thursday published his biography "Ansgar Brinkmann - The white Brazilians" (Delius Klasing Verlag). Daily Soccer Buzz: Mr. Brinkmann, saying what you have on your mailbox? Ansgar Brinkmann: None at all. Daily Soccer Buzz: Amazing.

As a player you have one on your answering machine that she has made a cult figure: "I'm reaching to five clock in the morning in my local pub." Brinkmann: That was just the way (laughs). I was playing for Eintracht Trier, and we met with buddies every day with an Italian. Since many volleyball player and musicians were there, I was often very long time.

The famous answering machine wanted the football museum in Frankfurt. I have to look in the basement, where he is. Daily Soccer Buzz: In your book you recount anecdotes from your career. Did you have to laugh when writing often? Brinkmann: Sometimes, so much so that I cried. Some situations in my career were not mistaken.

Daily Soccer Buzz: For example? Brinkmann: I'm In Bielefeld times my Husky to be related to the training. I found no one who attended to the dog, and dragged him into the cabin. You have to imagine times: Our coach Benno Möhlmann just holds a speech and suddenly discovered the dog. "What's he doing here?" He asked.

And I answered: "This is my dog Gin. Making with today. He comes with me on the right "Daily Soccer Buzz. So disrespectful as it was probably no other players to coaches. Brinkmann: I had problems with authority and was not to discipline. A free spirit. For the coach that was difficult.

They only tolerated me because I always have the essentials to the fore: the club. A large face is not enough. I was always fit and the first in training. Daily Soccer Buzz: That was for you in Gütersloh not difficult. There you have some time sleeping on the training ground in your car.

Brinkmann: I had just moved from Münster to Gütersloh, where he had no apartment, which disbanded in Muenster but already. Morning has always knocked my teammates Rob Reekers to the window and said: "Ansgar, equal to Training"

No comments:

Post a Comment