Friday, April 1, 2011

Championship Manager: Magath's Wolfsburg's Bundesliga last station

Champions League win with VfL Wolfsburg? Coach Felix Magath aiming with the table next to last in the Bundesliga in the long term sporting success at the maximum. In the Bundesliga Magath wants to train any other club more. "VfL Wolfsburg will be my last club as a coach in the Bundesliga, I presume," Magath said in several interviews.

Earlier, the 57-year-old, whose contract with the Volkswagen subsidiary's first dated to 2013, emphasized in order to win the European Champions League. "It was always my goal as a coach, to win the Champions League. I still have that ambition, "Magath had said on Monday. How long will he actually stay in Wolfsburg was also dependent on the achievement of its objectives, Magath revealed now.

"And when the contract expires after two years, I would like to turn hang some time to VfL has reached the maximum," said Magath the "Wolfsburg newspaper. Magath, who VfL had led at the end of his first term in the VW-city of the 2007 surprise until 2009 the championship was open to what he will do after his current commitment in Wolfsburg: "I do not know because I also do not know how long it will take.

"Magath said his departure two years ago to FC Schalke with a lack of vision of his former Wolfsburg Champions League prospects. "I thought, with a traditional club like Schalke and its structures would be easier. I have changed my mind. I am now convinced that this also works with Wolfsburg, "said the coach, who was piloted by VW CEO Martin Winterkorn back to Wolfsburg.

If necessary he would go on the way there and the bitter passage through the second division. "If it should go wrong really, I do not think we would have just as for a year all together. I am still young enough to get through. "Despite the precarious situation sporting Magath believes firmly but stay in the class.

Even before he had expressed confidence that with the current squad as early as next season "to play for the first five places."

No comments:

Post a Comment