Saturday, April 9, 2011

Critical Keeper: Stainless complains - "When HSV was all about power"

Daily Soccer Buzz: Mr. Rost, earlier this week have announced an end to your career in the Bundesliga. Wherever your path leads? Frank Rost: In this season are still six games on the schedule, I'm fully focused. Everything else is just not an issue. It is open, the decision I make in peace. Fact: It inspires me to not only prevent something, namely a goal, but even to create something.

But it has to grab me, I have a relationship to have a passion for it. Otherwise, I lack the enthusiasm last. Daily Soccer Buzz: In addition to daily training work you have begun to study. How did this happen? Rust: A few years ago, the then-HSV sporting director Dietmar Beiersdorfer encouraged to educate themselves beyond the football field.

In business administration I have worked off the undergraduate level, except for Statistics 2, which I still lack. Daily Soccer Buzz: So it means for you: first the square, then on the campus? Rust: The University of Hamburg for me organize individual lessons, because the lectures are not always be brought into line with the training plan.

I could classify me well so far, in consultation with the lecturers. Daily Soccer Buzz: It sounds as if you would seek a career in management. HSV boss Carl-Edgar Jarchow has offered you to take a job in the club. How did you react to this offer? Rust: I was happy about that, I will keep me safe open.

But I'm here long enough to know how this business is short-lived. is not eligible for me to take over immediately after my career a position. I have some ideas and I am convinced that it is better to first acquire the necessary skills. Since I have to make one or the other ticket to go my way can.

Daily Soccer Buzz: As a player ends your way, at least in Germany. Losing the Bundesliga in the past you "guys"? Rust: It was certainly a change occurred. This is primarily because the players today are very different advice, as was the case earlier. Each has its own manager, which is a development that can not be undone.

I therefore see no point in me at all to deal with it. Daily Soccer Buzz: Where are the differences? Rust: When I came into professional football, it was a different time. There was no Bosman ruling, the time a player with a club averaged five or six years. This has been in almost 20 years that I am about to change dramatically.

There are colleagues who have more clubs than in their game Vita years. This is a proof that there is no more resistance. Or only in exceptional cases. What's in the Bundesliga last happened so all that's become alien to me. Daily Soccer Buzz: One problem with the HSV? Rust: Absolutely.

It was all about power for personal interests. It lacked the stability to stand together in difficult times and not just falling over when things did not run. The main objective was not to build something stable, but to achieve short-term success. The Board has exemplified this idea, so have everyone else calls, the sponsors, the fans, the media.

I have generally observed, that there is an estrangement. The people on the boards, remember to take off is not primarily to their shareholders, but to the fans accountable. Finally, the clubs are supposed to exist even in 100 years. And the pounds are always the biggest fans. Daily Soccer Buzz: But without powerful sponsors success is hardly possible.

Rust: Sure, the sporting success is paramount. But a club this tip should never lose sight of the offer to the fans and the necessary identification Daily Soccer Buzz ...: ... you have missed the HSV under the guidance of longtime chairman Bernd Hoffmann? Rust: I like it generally does not when a club head can celebrate after wins like Caesar in the sun and turns but turns away when the process does.

Players will be judged anyway, by anyone, from any undermined if it does not work. Therefore, we need the support of governing bodies, the confidence, even in difficult times. If you ever have the feeling of having to fight against opposition and you ask the question: "Do they want you here at all" This has cost so much energy.

This lesson I took from that time. When I later take a responsible position, I'll do it differently. Daily Soccer Buzz: Last summer seemed sealed at the end of your HSV, as in a goalkeeper Jaroslav Drobny was required that you should replace as number one. , They never talked about this situation.

Why not? Rust: It was the end of last season the so-called character talks with any professional, I still do not understand. I sat there ten minutes and I was asked what I plan. My answer was that I still want to play a good season. Then I was assured by the then Executive Board to see the same.

Then Drobny was committed, and I was quite surprised, because that I could no longer even announce that it would be my last year in the Bundesliga. Then they immediately put me on the bench. So it was for me to shut up, accept the competition. Daily Soccer Buzz: Just before the split of the board of Hoffmann, you spoke of a "culture of mistrust" that prevailed in Hamburg.

Rust: There have been burned in recent years so many people. But the coach Bruno Labbadia or Armin Veh. That they have failed with HSV alone but was certainly not on its quality. Were simply allowed to stand in the rain. Ultimately, everyone has only looked at how he comes out, without prejudice to the possible out of it.

In all areas. The feeling I had also with us on the pitch. There was no other way. I hope that it succeeds in charge of creating this club a different culture. Daily Soccer Buzz: Well, there has been a break with HSV - and you stop. Rust: Mr. Jarchow has told me that they want to do something different.

I think that's absolutely fine, especially since I have my own plans. can Jarchow is something that connects With this micro to talk directly and openly, without concerns must. His leadership should not again lead to the HSV is divided into different parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment